Access Technology Center (ATC)
Welcome! The Access Technology Center (ATC) provides assessment and instruction in the use of assistive technology, for students with a verified disability.
- New DRD Students must first meet with their Disability Specialist for an ATC referral before receiving services.
- Once referred, students will meet with an Access Technology Specialist to determine which, if any, specialized hardware (computers, equipment and furniture) and/or software programs are best suited for their needs.
- Call or email to schedule your appointment today!
- For Fall 2021, Appointments are mainly via Zoom. There are some limited in-person appointments available as well. Please call or email to inquire.
INTAKE & INSTRUCTION MAY INCLUDE:
- One on one supported instruction via Zoom (Fall 2021)
- Equipment instruction and temporary loan
- Examples of equipment are: recording devices, assistive listening devices, magnifiers, and more
- Please click on the Equipment Loans tab below for more information
ALTERNATE MEDIA (ALT MEDIA)
Alternate media includes instructional materials, textbooks, and college publications, which are converted into accessible formats for students with disabilities. The purpose of alternate media is to allow access for students, who due to their disability cannot easily use standard print materials.
TYPES OF ALTERNATE MEDIA AVAILABLE INCLUDE:
- Electronic text (e-text)
- Audio books from Learning Ally
- Tactile graphics
- Large print
To place an Alternate Media Request, please fill out the form below:
Computer Programs and Apps
There are several programs and apps that are available for students to install on their home devices or access in a computer lab on campus.
Most programs are available for download for PC, Mac, Chromebook, Tablet or Smart Phone. There are text-to-speech programs for converting digital text to audio, audiobooks apps, speech-to-text programs for dictation, screen magnification programs, and more.
During your ATC intake appointment, we will provide instruction on how to use these programs and provide information on how to download them onto your devices at home.
For program descriptions and weblinks, please click on the button below:
ATC Staff Directory
Access Technology and Visual Impairment Specialist
Alternate Media Specialist
Access Technology Staff, Santa Rosa Campus
Access Technology Staff, Petaluma Campus