Frequently Asked Questions

How do I request services from the Disability Resources Department?

Can I be tested for learning disabilities at Disability Resources?
Learning disability testing is done subject to approval by a Learning Disability Specialist. Testing is limited; scheduling for testing can take several months. Attend a New Student Drop-in to meet briefly with Disability Specialist to discuss your options.

As a parent, what are my rights regarding access to my child's information at Santa Rosa Junior College?

Family Educational Rights And Privacy Act

What kind of services can I receive if I have a disability?

  • Services tailored to your disability are arranged through consultation with your specialist.
  • Your services may include a wide range of disability support services requiring authorization for accommodations.
  • Some examples of possible services are: note-taking, testing accommodations, visual aids, sign language interpreting, alternate media, accessible furniture, adapted technology, career development, disability management counseling.

What is High School Transition Club? I am a current high school student--does it apply to me?

High School Transition Club: Getting Started

Who may be eligible for services?
Individuals with either temporary or permanent disabilities may be eligible for services. Verifiable disabilities include, but are not limited to:

  • Acquired brain injuries
  • Asperger's Syndrome
  • Attention deficit disorders
  • Autism
  • Cardiac conditions
  • Chronic illnesses including HIV
  • Chronic pain disorders
  • Deaf or hard of hearing
  • Developmental delays
  • Diabetes
  • Learning disabilities
  • Mobility disabilities
  • Psychological disabilities
  • Repetitive strain injuries
  • Seizure disorders
  • Visual disabilities