DRD Testing & Support Services Center
Services & Accommodations
- Testing accommodations including adapting test, proctoring, extended time, computer testing, etc.
- Accessible Technology
- Accessible Furniture
- Reader/Transcriber Services
- In-Class Accessibility Assistants
- Note-Taker Services
- Write or type information dictated by you if you have limited use of your hands, limited vision, or documented print disabilities severely impacting the ability to write.
- May not help with proof reading or editing your work.
- May not correct spelling errors unless the instructor has given prior authorization for use of a spell checker or dictionary.
Transcribers may not provide answers, or give clarification or interpretation of a question or concept.
For instructions about how to provide a Note-Taker, please click on the button below:
Regardless of their specific status, every student with a disability is entitled to the same level of inclusion, course participation, and respect as their peers. For more information, please visit the Disability Etiquette page.
Using Testing Accommodations:
- It is advised to take your exam in or near your classroom if your instructor can provide the accommodations. This way you will have access to the instructor if you have questions.
- If the instructor cannot provide the accommodation, you may take the exam in DRD Testing.
- If you are approved for extra time on exams, try to schedule classes so you can start your exams at the same time as your class and use your extended time without impacting another class.
- If you have questions about the test, we will try to contact the instructor for clarification.
- Bring all necessary materials.
- Only approved items are allowed in testing – phones, food and other belongings cannot be accessed while testing.
- Students caught cheating will have their instructor and Disability Specialist notified. It is your instructor’s decision whether or not to proceed with the disciplinary process.