HOW TO REQUEST SERVICES FROM DRD:
It is best to request services well ahead of your needs for accommodations to ensure you have access to priority registration and to allow sufficient time to meet with your Disability Specialist for advising and set-up of your accommodations and services.
Summer and Fall registration for classes begins in April.
Spring registration for classes begins in November.
FIRST: Complete the SRJC APPLICATION online at www.santarosa.edu/apply if not currently enrolled.
- Note: you will need to include documentation of your disability:
- Medical verification (e.g. ADHD, Autism, Seizure Disorder, Vision) and/or
- Educational verification documents such as an IEP (Individual Education Plan) or 504 Plan.
THEN: Our office will contact you shortly after you submit the DRD Application. Eligible students will be assigned a Disability Specialist and scheduled for a one-hour intake appointment. Although it is best to meet in person, phone appointments may be scheduled.
NOT SURE IF YOU'RE ELIGIBLE FOR DISABILITY SERVICES?
Come to Drop-In for a Confidential 1:1 Consultation:
- Students who have questions or need assistance applying for services through the Disability Resources Department (DRD) may attend a brief meeting with a DRD Specialist during Drop-In hours.
- If you have medical verification of your disability or an IEP, 504 Plan, or LD assessment, please bring a copy with you.
- Students will be seen on a first-come, first-serve basis.
- Call or come in for current Drop-In times