HOW TO REQUEST SERVICES FROM DRD:
It is best to request services well ahead of your needs for accommodations to ensure you have access to priority registration and to allow sufficient time to meet with your Disability Specialist for advising and set-up of your accommodations and services.
Summer and Fall registration for classes begins in April.
Spring registration for classes begins in November.
FIRST: Complete the SRJC APPLICATION online at www.santarosa.edu/apply if not currently enrolled.
NEXT: Complete the DRD REQUEST FOR SERVICES. If you need help with this step, please contact our office (you may also print and complete the document here. Please click on the following link for the Request for Services Form in Spanish (SOLICITUD DE SERVICIOS EN ESPAÑOL)
- Note: you will need to include documentation of your disability:
- Medical verification (e.g. ADHD, Autism, Seizure Disorder, Vision) and/or
- Educational verification documents such as an IEP (Individual Education Plan) or 504 Plan.
THEN: Our office will contact you shortly after you submit the DRD Application. Eligible students will be assigned a Disability Specialist and scheduled for a one-hour intake appointment. For Fall 2021, we will be offering remote appointments via phone or zoom and limited in-person appointments beginning in September in accordance with the health safety protocols outlined here: Coronavirus Information | Santa Rosa Junior College. Details of how to access your appointment will be provided at the time of scheduling.
NOT SURE IF YOU'RE ELIGIBLE FOR DISABILITY SERVICES?
- Students who have questions about eligibility or need assistance applying for services can schedule a one on one confidential appointment with a Disability Specialist.
- Please call 707-527-4278 (Santa Rosa Campus) or 707-778-2491 (Petaluma Campus) or email email@example.com to schedule a new student appointment. Deaf/Hard of hearing individuals can call 707-331-1156 Video Phone.
- If you have medical verification of your disability, or an Individualized Education Plan (IEP) or 504 Plan from High School, or Learning Disability assessment, please gather these documents prior to your appointment.